About the Program
As part of Executive Alliance’s mission to advance women in their professions, the organization has established and implements annually a mentoring program that provides individual guidance and professional skills to help mid-level women achieve their career goals. Since its launch 20 years ago, more than 170 women have participated in the program.
This highly-acclaimed, competitive, year-long Effective Impact Mentoring Program matches each mentee from a class of 8-12 mid-level management women with an individual Executive Alliance member in a related field. The women meet one-on-one with their mentor throughout the year, to discuss issues related to growth in job skills, negotiating the management hierarchy, and gaining greater influence on the job and in the community. In addition, the program engages mentees in five structured professional development sessions on such topics as communication skills, financials in decision-making, management skills, executive and leadership skills, and work/life integration. The sessions are interactive and feature subject matter experts from Executive Alliance’s own membership as well as leading experts from outside organizations. In addition, throughout the year, mentees are invited to participate in Executive Alliance events and connect with both members and program alumni.
Executive Alliance is proud to engage mentees from a cross-section of small and large organizations throughout the greater Baltimore area.
Participants of the Executive Alliance Mentoring Program benefit from opportunities to:
- Develop a personal, one-on-one mentoring relationship with a senior-level executive woman leader who is a member of Executive Alliance
- Engage in a structured development program led by expert presenters that focuses on the critical competencies necessary for successful career management for emerging women
- Share and discuss current career/leadership/professional challenges and opportunities with a trusted, confidential cohort of peers
- Expand their professional network through connections made while in the program
- Identify opportunities for self-improvement
- Explore personal strengths and learn how to leverage those in business
- Challenge themselves to step outside their comfort level on issues that may be holding them back
- Learn from peers, exploring how others address certain challenges in their industry/organization
- Share their own experiences to help others dealing with similar challenges, issues or opportunities
- Gain exposure to different industries and resources
- Access the expertise of Executive Alliance’s membership and attend selected Executive Alliance events
- Participate in volunteer and social initiatives with their peers (optional)
Participation in the Executive Alliance Effective Impact Mentoring Program is a recognized accomplishment in the community. Past participants are acknowledged for having achieved a professional level of development and growth as an emerging leader.
Upon completion of the Mentoring Program, past mentees are eligible to participate in the Mentoring Program’s Alumnae Group, providing them continued connections to a network of emerging women leaders, access to Executive Alliance’s membership of executive women leaders, and participation in select Executive Alliance events and activities.