Membership Criteria for Prospective Members:
Membership is not limited by any restrictions on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, political affiliation, sexual orientation, disability or national origin. Satisfying the minimum qualification requirements for membership is intended to be broadly interpreted, flexible and inclusive so as not to preclude consideration of a candidate by artificial application.
- Executive level responsibilities sustained in one or more positions for a minimum of three (3) years preceding date of application.
- Individuals with influence who are able to further the Mission.
- Employed, owner, professional volunteer or community leader.
- Achievements or significant professional stature within the candidate’s field of endeavor.
Significant Contributions to the Community in Professional, Civic and/or Nonprofit Organizations:
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of community involvement in a leadership position; OR
- Demonstrated commitment to community service over the course of adult life;
- Includes civic, non-profit, sectarian/nonsectarian, professional and charitable contributions (financial).
- Public recognition of the candidate’s professional stature and/or contributions within the business community.
- Demonstrated skill and active involvement as a mentor to others. May include professional affiliations related to mentoring.
- Expertise and business representation the candidate’s membership would bring to Executive Alliance in furthering its Mission.
- Any other information, not listed here, that a candidate or sponsor believes relevant to consideration of an application.
- Note: Experience, achievements, qualifications, etc., obtained outside the State of Maryland are accepted.
Candidate for Elected Office:
- A person who has filed as a candidate for any elected office may not be considered for membership until after the general election is concluded.
Specific Leadership Criteria for Candidates by Profession or Industry Type
Note: This information relates to professional qualifications only, not community service.
- Executive Level: Three years at a Senior Vice President or Vice President level, as reflective of the management format structure of the entity.
- Supporting Documentation: Must have significant management responsibilities, particularly Profit & Loss management. Qualifying experience is generally preceded by five years in a management role.
- Executive Level: Partner for a minimum of three years combined with strong managerial experience, industry designation or an insurance specialization.
- Supporting Documentation: Experience is a major consideration. Qualifying experience is generally preceded by several years of managerial experience within a larger organization. Candidates should ideally show some significant recognition within their professional organizations.
- Independent Agent/Private Practice: A favorable candidate in private practice should be able to demonstrate a combination of extensive experience, significant recognition within their respective professional organizations, insurance industry designations or an insurance specialization.
Practice of Law
- Executive Level: Three years as a Partner accompanied by significant, demonstrated leadership in the legal profession and managerial experience within the Partnership. In-house corporate counsel positions with at least twelve years of experience.
- Sole Practitioner: Extensive experience, likely not less than seven to ten years, as a sole practitioner or preferably in an office with more than one person and demonstrating significant recognition within the profession, equaling that of a person at the executive/CEO level.
- Executive Level: Within the three year requirement, a non-for-profit leader should be able to demonstrate a diversity of experience in various aspects of non-profit management. A candidate who has been employed in the same organization should be able to document responsibility for demonstrable program and/or income growth. A candidate who has led various agencies or associations should be able to demonstrate clear career advancement from one to another. All should have volunteer commitments outside of their respective agency/organization and evidence of leadership responsibility within their own organization.
General Corporate Positions
- Executive Level: CEO, President, CFO, and Executive Vice-President, as reflective of the management structure of the entity. Examples of corporate level responsibilities include, but are not limited to: directing overall business strategy, asset management, and profit and loss. The emphasis is on responsibility, accountability, and discretion over business and investment strategy. Consideration may also be given to a candidate who is the only “highly” placed woman in a large organization.
Real Estate Companies - Commercial or Residential
- Executive Level: Significant experience and proven track record in brokerage, development and/or management of a firm. Partner or owner of a firm with demonstrated production in chosen area of real estate.
- Note: Residential real estate leadership is generally accompanied by community recognition, strong, consistent production numbers and ownership or partner status.
Universities / Academia
- Executive Level: Member of the executive team, i.e., typically president, provost, vice president, Dean of a school within a college or university; director of major division of a college/university as long as candidate has executive responsibilities (budget, decision-making, etc.). The level of reporting for this candidate and the number of staff and/or people reporting to or under their supervision would also be a consideration.